The University of Oregon Chinese Flagship Program is an honors-level certificate program. We offer hands-on support and instruction to our students, and we value their contributions to our academic community. We take our relationship and commitment to students and their success seriously.
Reciprocally, we ask students to make a commitment to the program that is equal to our commitment to them. Upon acceptance into the program, we expect that students:
• Complete a student contract with the Flagship Program, which enables them to be eligible for Flagship-related scholarships
• Register in the Language Flagship Student Certification System, which also enables them to be eligible for Flagship-related scholarships
• Fully participate in the Flagship Program by enrolling in Flagship-designated courses and joining cultural events and activities
• Make progress toward professional-level Chinese proficiency
• Commit to completing the Capstone year abroad
Once students are accepted into the program, they will receive the student contract and instructions for registering in the Language Flagship Student Certification System.